Check on the video of Bob Ansett’s presentation on Augmented Reality (AR) where he presented the following:
- the differences between AR and virtual reality
- the various companies involved in creating AR equipment, their capabilities and prices
- Examples of various things that can be done with AR including things like
- contact lenses that can measure glucose levels and much more
- ability to measure rooms, try out furniture, paint colors, etc. and how to access those apps
- Google Translate which can translate conversations, realtime, in almost any language and can be used (via your cell phone camera) to translate any written text, whether on paper, street signs, etc.
Watch the videos here: