The Deerfield Beach Computer Club (DBCC) is a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization of senior amateur users who meet on a regular basis via Zoom to share their knowledge and enjoyment of their computing devices, hardware, software, and technology. For more information about the Club and its operation, contact Club President Barry Cowen. In Century Village, contact Pete Zambito, Director of Membership Services. CVE residents can find our monthly articles in the printed CVE Reporter. The general public can view them online for free by clicking or tapping on Read The Online CVE Reporter Here
Our mission is to provide an informative, entertaining, and comfortable learning environment where computer users with diverse levels of expertise can respectfully share their ideas, knowledge, and experience for the enrichment of all concerned while building confidence in themselves through the use of computers, devices, and trending technology.
Directions (Apply to Live Classes Only)
Note: Use of a GPS device or any Map App will not take you directly to our classroom. For the most accurate results follow the directions below.
To come from Hillsboro Blvd thru the Century Village Main entrance. (Main Gate)
- From Powerline, turn East onto W. Hillsboro
- Turn Right on Century Blvd (just before Military Rd)
- Go thru Visitor lane at Gate
- Continue on Century Blvd (in yellow below) to West Drive stopsign. Turn RIGHT.
- As approach West Gate, turn RIGHT into the Prescott Drive parking area and turn left again.
- Continue around the curve onto Prescott-Tilford Drive.
- Follow the road until you see the Prescott-Tilford sign on your right.
- Turn left at the sign and continue into the parking lot.
- The entrance door to our building is on the left.
- Once you enter the building, Room B is the second classroom on the right.
Directions from Military Trail (East Gate)
- From 10th St, turn North onto Military Trail
- Make a U turn and immediately get in right hand lane
- Turn into Century Village East Gate
- Go thru Visitor lane at Gate
- At stop sign, turn right on Century Blvd (in Red)
- Continue on to West Drive stop sign. Turn LEFT.
- As approach West Gate, turn RIGHT into parking lot.
- Continue normal path to meeting room
2023-2024 Board Of Directors
Until further notice, current Board members will continue to serve in their current positions.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic risks to the health and well being of our Seniors and guests, especially in a classroom environment, we have cancelled in person classes until further notice. Sign in time for all Zoom meetings will be between 9:30 and 10:00 AM ET. Meetings will start at 10:00 AM. Meetings will be recorded and posted on our public YouTube Channel. Your time may vary with your location.
- Items listed below will only apply when live classes can be safely resumed.
- Classes will meet in the Le Club Activities Center, Room B, on the first and third Fridays of each month except holidays. If a month has five Fridays, an additional week will be skipped between classes to maintain this schedule.
- CenClub management highly recommends that masks be worn by all entrants when entering the building and the classrooms. Enter at your own risk.
- Members will sign in at the Membership table and guests will sign in at a designated table between 9:30 and 10:00.
- Classes will meet from 10:00-11:30 AM in the Le Club Activities Center, Room B, in Century Village East (CVE).
- Non-residents must enter through the West Gate at Powerline Road and West Drive and have their names on the weekly approved list. Have ID ready to show the Guard.
- The classroom door opens to the public at 9:30. To minimize disruptions, please plan to be in the classroom area to sign in between 9:30 and 9:55. Class will begin at 10:00.
- Members will be admitted free of charge to all classes.
- Guests may attend one free class. To attend another, they must join the Club.
- The parking area and the building are handicapped friendly.
- The building restrooms and classrooms are continuously sanitized and handicapped-friendly.
- Attendees must provide their own transportation to and from the classroom.
- Attendees must supply their own refreshments.
- Our building has free but unsecured Wi-Fi.
- WARNING! IT IS NOT SAFE to use your desktop or mobile device in the classroom for any purpose without a VPN (Virtual Private Network) app or program. The DBCC and its Board are not responsible in any way for any consequences resulting from misuse of your device.
- Anyone under 18 years of age will not be permitted to enter the classroom.
- Licensed service dogs are permitted. Owners are responsible for their care and conduct.
- Guests are eligible to attend any after class (11:30 AM-12:30 PM) Workshop with or without sponsoring members. Registration at the sign in desk is between 9:30 and 10:00 on the date of the Workshop. Each member and guest must pay a $1.00 entry fee at a designated table.
- Individual and Renewal membership dues are to be determined.
- Please make personal checks payable to the Deerfield Beach Computer Club. We cannot accept credit cards. If you are paying in cash, please try to have the exact amount.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests and health aides.
- The Board reserves the right to deny entry to, temporarily suspend, or permanently revoke the membership of any attendee who is disruptive or disrespectful. If necessary, the Kent Security will be contacted and appropriate action will be taken.
- If you have any questions or comments concerning Club operations, send an email to Barry, the Club President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Century Village East, residents should email their questions about the Club and membership to Pete Zambito at Petezambito@bellsouth.net
- For questions about computers and technology contact Carol Freedman at Calling2Carol@gmail.com